Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Having No Shame

I'm sure there are times in our life when we make mistakes that we wish we could take back.

Some of us may be rethinking past errors in judgment, like voting for "W". Okay, I don't regret that, since I didn't.

Perhaps it's looking back on the ignorance of youth...like the time where, while receiving a present in front of approximately 150 people, I loudly asked my mother if she wanted to save the wrapping paper.

Maybe it's wishing we could rethink that "bartender, one more drink" comment (and being caught on tape in the back room of a bar in a rather compromising position).

Well, fans...I've hit a real low point. And I can't blame this on youth, alcohol, or political propoganda.

Tonight I watched "Gameshow Marathon".

You got it.

Lest we are in the least bit unsure we have no social life, this little gem, when taking hourly twice a week, will remind us of that salient point.

CBS has risen to new heights by gathering the penultimate in "B" listers including, but not limited to: Leslie Nielsen, Paige Davis, and Kathy Najimy. Like an oncoming train, we have to follow this disaster to (as a former acquaintance of mine used to say) its "inevitable, horrible conclusion".

So who won Round One, you ask? Okay, you didn't ask...but I'll tell you anyway. Fitting for a show of this caliber, it was a blonde. No, not Lance Bass, the alleged current squeeze of gay reality icon Reichen Lehmkuhl. No, no, no...he was beaten by Brande Roderick...a purported actress and ex-Playmate...who looked as shocked that she won as I was.

Looks like there is enough "lack of shame" to go around....

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Wow, I am in shock. Not sure if it is because of you having two posts in a row, or that you shared with all of bloggerland that you were one of the 50 people that watched the Gameshow Marathon.

I am so glad you get to go on the cruise. Maybe one of those pirates will add some spice to your life.

Love ya!
Mean it!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home