Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Maybe I spoke in haste?

If so, now would be an opportune time go back, correct my error, and look forward to Thanksgiving.


Some of the thinks I could be thankful for today:

1) My current bout with an intestinal bug.
2) The rising cost of heating my home.
3) That I've been dateless for over a year (and the little foray into Chile doesn't count as a date). 4) My growing fear of leaving the safe confines of my house.

Then again, maybe I should look at things differently:

1) An intestinal bug isn't cancer, HIV, or a heart condition...so that's not so bad.
2) At least I have a home, unlike an employee of mine, who lost their home in an Evansville area tornado this weekend.
3) I will not settle for just anyone, given my current state of emotions...and this is a good thing.
4) At least my home is a haven in which I continue to foster and strengthen the most important relationship I have, that being with my son.

Okay...NOW I can look forward to Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home