Saturday, June 11, 2005

Countdowns and Alien Invasions

I've been wondering to myself what exactly I'm going to look forward to once I return from the Disney cruise. I think I'm in "obsession" mode...or maybe it's just excitement. We're down to 8 days from departure now.

Yes, I've gone over the edge. At least not over the edge of the boat...that is an ordeal still to come. However, I just HAD to get a Disney CD to get myself in the "mood" (yeah, I know...like I really needed it). The only one which had three of the four songs I wanted to hear was the "Disney Princess Song Collection". I listen to it practically every day. I've managed to convince a co-worker to plan to do a duet of Aladdin's "A Whole New World" with me at our annual holiday party in December.

You know I'm severely addicted when I am volunteering to do "scaryoke".

Realizing that I have to do something drastic to curb my yearning for all things Disney, I chatted online last night on gay.com. Suffice it to say that I did the thing I haven't done in a long, LONG time...had someone overnight. We'll just call the young guy "Chile Pepper". Laden with a strong South American accent, quality of verbal communication was at a premium. But the guy wasn't supposed to be around just to talk weather, right? When he tried to start round FOUR this morning, I finally had to give up the ghost and end the fun.

Oh, yeah...little Chile Pepper LOVES Disney. Go figure! Unbelievingly, he doesn't like Mexican food...says it's too spicy.

Tomorrow is the annual Cincinnati Gay Pride Parade. They are anticipating possibly a 50% increase over last year's attendance. Many attribute it to the passage of the ballot issue which repealed our city's gay discrimination. I prefer to think that the reason more people will be there tomorrow is because I'm not marching this year. I was not asked to return, because last year was my first march, and it hailed. I suspect the parade organizers didn't want to have to fight frogs, locusts, or other pestilence which might rear its ugly head if I marched again.

I know it's probably ironic to say this, but I will likely be away from the old blog for a time. I will be in Minneapolis three days immediately before the DISNEY cruise. I will also be in Jacksonville for three days immediately following the DISNEY cruise. Maybe I'll get Michael and DJ to "guest blog" for me. They may be spending some time here, since I have A/C and their landlord won't fix theirs.

Don't worry, guys...I washed the bedlinens thoroughly, and will be taking the Princess CD with me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home