Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What was I thinking?

Time for a couple of embarrassing bits about myself:

First, one of the few terrible physical traits I inherited through my mother's genes was back hair. I don't mind it so much on other people, but feel like a troll having it myself.

That didn't hurt so much saying it, did it? Yes, it did.

So, after some time using a clipper or razor, I finally decided that it would be worth it in the long run to have laser hair removal.

A good friend from work knew of a place. I found out that the girlfriend of one of the firm's attorneys worked there. So I finally went.

It appears that the cost for such a large area is pretty expensive...$2500. But, knowing I had been referred by a friend, the lady said that she would only charge me half price. Quite a deal, I surmised, and went ahead and paid for the five visits, getting my first treatment on the spot.

My next appointment is scheduled for a week from today, but I've since found out that the place has shut its doors and the employees were let go.

A local news station is investigating, and trying to find out what people can do (if anything).

Okay, so it wasn't such a good deal...$1250 for one treatment. However, I think they got a majority of the problem. Hopefully I'll get some money refunded somehow.

On a lighter note, I walked downtown on my lunch hour, passing a news stand which carries quite a variety of newspapers and magazines. They have a display behind glass, showing off some of the wide selection.

I'll admit to more than a mild surprise when one of the magazines on display was "Crappie World". We're talking about a species of fish here. They actually devote a year's worth of issues to CRAPPIE?! What a crappie world we live in (sorry, couldn't resist).

Finally, as I watched "The Amazing Race" last night, it dawned on me that the Travelocity gnome ( you know the commercials) bears quite a resemblance to one of my female employees...without the beard, of course.

If only I could recommend a place to have that hair removed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home