Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pathetic, isn't it?

While conversing with my best bud from work on our lunch break, we were commiserating about the amount of sex (or lack thereof) in our lives.

She (who is in the throes of an 11 year marriage) moaned, "I haven't had sex in 62 days!"

I replied with a smirk, "Really?!"

She retorted, "And how long has it been for you?"

Thinking for a brief moment, I responded quickly and truthfully, "Over a year."

She pondered for a moment and replied, "Poor thing!"

Later that day our chat topic turned to the produce section at Kroger....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears that our poor, misguided country is being blessed with a press conference by our poor, misguided President this evening.

Lucky for us, it appears that Dubya is being pre-empted on CBS by "Survivor: Pulau".

Finally someone at the network has his priorities in order....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ex-wife called me yesterday, in the wake of the events of this past weekend.

She called (ostensibly) just to see how I was doing.

No other reason.

Maybe religion really IS rubbing off on her....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received in the mail today: an "update" regarding potential redevelopment of I-75 in Cincinnati.

I say "update" because I think this is the first notice they've sent out.

Anyhow, they're looking at the possibility of redesigning a 7 mile stretch of the interstate which flows not too far from my house.

I wonder if this is the "welcome letter to the enchanted land of eminent domain".

Yes, I like the sauna in my bathroom. They can buy it for a quarter million. But I'm keeping the Japanese maple....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home