Sunday, April 03, 2005

Back in the Saddle

I guess that's an appropriate title for this entry. Yep, I feel a little like I'm back in the saddle again in some respects. Sometimes we just need a kick in the pants to get back up on the horse, don't we?

If anyone seriously reads this journal, they can tell that I've been in a bummer mood. I've been down, doubting my self esteem and self worth, blah blah blah.

Thanks, Michael and Dan, for the aforementioned kick. We got together yesterday for some Buffalo Wild Wings and the movie "Latter Days". Had an enjoyable time, then we went to one of the local watering holes. First time for me in quite a while...and I think I like it like that.

Anyway, usually around drink number two I hit a precipice...I'll either go up with my mood or down...usually down. Last night we were having such a good time that I went up and stayed up. Even today my spirits have been great...even if last night's spirits (only 4 of them) left me with a dull roar in my head this morning. :-)

It reminded me of my old self...something that got lost some time ago. Well, we got reacquainted with each other last night. I kept kidding Michael and Dan that this was a "one night only performance"...but secretly I'm hoping that I've turned an emotional corner. Time will tell, and I will take things one day at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Way to go babe! I knew you had it in you.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home