Monday, November 08, 2004

Spirit

You can tell that Halloween is over. How? I don't know who your cable subscription is with, but I have Time Warner, including the music channels. One channel they provide is called "Sounds of the Season". Guess what is playing? Christmas. Yes, you read right...Christmas.

Usually, when evidence of Yuletide pops up this early, I'm a little perplexed. I mean, do companies like Time Warner get kickbacks from area department stores, thinking that hearing music almost two months before the blessed day will increase store sales?

As ironic as it sounds, I'm already in the Christmas mood. I'm planning how to decorate the house. I'm making plans for holiday gatherings with family. I'm sure I'll have a get together with a few close friends. I may not have a significant other to share the season with, but I do have my son...and that provides me with more joy than anything I could experience. Sure, it would be nice to share it with that "special someone". Until that "special someone" is here to share it with me, I will revel in sharing it with those who are in the here and now.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Oh, By DICKENS...you and Christmas!! Sorry we missed your call, we did return the ring though.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home