Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Bonding Experience

I'm pretty well stoked...Saturday afternoon I leave for some R&R in Las Vegas. Doing laundry tonight so that I won't be rushing things tomorrow or Friday. After that's finished, I can begin packing. Then we'll be ready to go!

Yes, I said "we". "What's this?" you ask? Has Drew suddenly obtained a boyfriend? No. At the last minute today, Drew picked up a travelling companion, and an unlikely one at that. I'll be going to Vegas with...my sister!

Say what you want, I'm excited. My kid sis, who is 2.5 years younger than I, will be sharing time with me in Sin City. We've not had a period like this before as adults...just the two of us for more than just an evening. We'll either get really close or we'll knock each others' lights out. Little parts of me question the decision to invite her; however, I'm not getting any younger...neither is she. I think being able to share this journey will be unique, exciting, and perhaps even fun.

Due to the last minute plans, she'll be getting out there 2 hours before me, and is leaving the evening before I do (she has enough frequent flyer miles to cash in, but flight/seat selection was limited). Who knows? We could be checking out "Thunder From Down Under--The Australian All Male Revue" together. Perhaps we'll see Cirque du Soleil or Elton John. Whatever happens, we promised each other that we would (if we wanted) give each other time to do things on our own, with no concrete itinerary...just the way I want it.

I just hope I can get that king-sized bed exchanged for two doubles....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home