Thursday, October 21, 2004

Deja Vu all over again

That hasn't happened to me in a while. I'm sure we all experience deja vu of some sort. Today, it happened to me at work...and it was a pretty eerie feeling, sending chills up my spine.

Of course, I was multitasking...typing an e-mail response and talking on the phone at the same time to a co-worker. I couldn't help but feel that I'd been there before.

I've been here before, but not in almost a week. Sorry 'bout that. Life has been pretty chaotic. The first week of November I'm taking a solo sabbatical to Las Vegas. I'm desparately in need of some relaxing "me" time. Of course, I hope to catch the "Thunder From Down Under--Australian Male Revue" at the hotel while I'm there!

It's a pretty sweet deal. Thanks to a trip I took last year with a couple of friends, my hotel stay for four nights only costs $138 out of my nearly $600 "credit d0llars". So, no money out of my pocket. Additionally, the airfare was only $300, and I have about $105 in cash sitting there waiting for me at the VIP desk. I never thought I'd ever be able to say I'm a "VIP".

I'm also trying to get out the word to encourage EVERYONE I know to get to the polls and oust the "Weasel in the White House". My mom has been a hard sell...and forget trying to convince my ex-wife, she is politically to the right of Rush Limbaugh. However, I have managed to convince a good friend and co-worker...who would vote for Kerry, except she didn't register in time. I, of course, will have to file an absentee ballot, since I'll be in Nevada.

Speaking of which, due to my application for an absentee ballot, I received no less than 9 political mailers today. Many of them were for the Weasel and his posse...so I can at least reference who I will NOT be voting for on November 2nd!

Catch y'all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home