Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Another fantastic show!

The "Broadway Series" in Cincinnati has provided us with yet another great evening of entertainment. Tonight, Mom and I saw the return of the travelling company of "Riverdance". Talk about electric! Although you could tell that the cast wasn't "perfect", their dancing rhythm and cadence was about as close to perfect as I've seen.

When I was in college, I became enamored with Celtic music. A girl I dated and I drove 50 miles to Dayton, Ohio to see a Celtic group called "De Danaan". Tonight's performance brought back some of those old memories. The woman playing the fiddle was as breathtakingly beautiful as I've seen in quite a while. The singing was extraordinary, particularly a cute 19 year old soloist named George Komsky. Boy, could he sing! Probably the most entertaining act was a "tap contest" between the Irish dancers and an African-American jazz tap duo. The audience was whooping it up!

We're scheduled to see "Miss Saigon" a week from tonight; however, I may have to forego that, as I was informed I may be going on a 3 day business trip right before Thanksgiving. WHY DO I GET SENT TO THE CITIES WHICH HAVE ONLY 3-5 GAY INHABITANTS?!?!

More on that trip (if I end up going) later this week. Until then, time to clog off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home