Friday, May 27, 2005

I wonder as we "Wonder"

WOOHOO! The tickets came in the mail yesterday!!!

Now I'm REALLY starting to get "crazy 'bout the mouse"!

My son and I have been anxiously awaiting Father's Day. Why? It's the day we leave for our first cruise. We will set sail for a four night excursion on that ship of ships, that dream of dreams, the DISNEY WONDER!!!

Yes, you heard right. This gay man (and what gay man doesn't have a little fondness somewhere in his soul for Disney) and his son are headed to Mouseketeer Naval Academy!

We will only see two ports: Nassau and Castaway Cay, which is Disney's private island. However, there looks to be so much to do that I don't think we need to clutter our schedule further. We have only booked one excursion...swimming with stingrays. It sounds a little scary and fun at the same time!

I'm as excited for my son as I am for myself. After all, even though it's a first time for both of us on a cruise ship, it's his first time outside of the U.S. Plus, it won't be like he's hog-tied to Dad all vacation. They have plenty of activities for just the kids.

I find myself waking in the morning singing "Part of Your World", and humming "A Whole New World" in the evenings. I think I've read the ticket booklet a dozen times already.

No, I'm not obsessed or anything. After the havoc of the past few weeks, with my son learning more about his dad than he knew before, I think the vacation will cement the idea in his head that I'm the same person I was before...the Dad who loves his son. The vacation itself won't make me a great dad...deep down I think I already am.

And, just in case I've made you curious: http://www.disneycruise.com

"Darling it's better out where it's wetter...take it from me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home